Friday 13 April 2012

'He's robbed me of one of the most precious things in life': Tears of mother blinded by boyfriend who GOUGED her eyes out


Hello Friends!
Is there a height of wickedness? Are there no limits to the extent to which one man can inflict an injury on another man?

How cruel can the heart of man be?
Tina after the attack Tina Nash before the attack 

Devastated: Tina Nash, left after the attack, said she missed 'the things people take for granted' like seeing the sea and sky.

She faced the cameras for the first time today since the vile attack, after attending a hearing last year hiding behind large, dark sunglasses.

In a statement released after Jenkin admitted GBH with intent in court this morning, Ms Nash said she was glad he had 'at least taken responsibility for changing my life forever'.

She said: 'I truly feel that, when he was strangling me, he was trying to murder me.

'He has taken everything from me and robbed me of one of the most precious things in life - my sight.

'I miss the things which people take for granted the most such as seeing the sky and the sea.'

Vile: Shane Jenkin, 33, assaulted his girlfriend in a 'premeditated and vicious attack' 

Vile: Shane Jenkin, 33, assaulted his girlfriend in a 'premeditated and vicious attack'


Powerfully-built Jenkin, of Hayle, Cornwall, was originally charged with attempted murder but court staff confirmed he had admitted GBH at the court today. He will be sentenced next month.

Ms Nash, who had bravely faced Jenkin in court at a previous hearing, added that she had been left feeling 'buried alive, claustrophobic and not in control of my life' by the assault.

'I actually look forward to going to sleep because in my dreams I have sight. It's when I wake up that the truth hits home,' she said.

'Some days I just don't want to get up but I'm determined to provide a future for my children and this is my motivation.'

Her sons were aged 13 and three at the time of the assault.

Detective Inspector Chris Strickland, of Devon and Cornwall Police, said Jenkin carried out a 'premeditated, sustained and vicious attack on a defenceless woman'.

'Our view is that Jenkin deliberately strangled Tina into a state of unconsciousness in order that he could inflict these terrible injuries,' he said.

'Tina's life will never be the same and her lifelong disability will be a constant reminder of the attack.

'Her injuries were so shocking that friends who saw her soon after the incident found it difficult to stay in the room.

'Tina has displayed incredible strength however and has shown great desire to be able to care for her two children despite not being able to see them as they grow up.

'We would publicly like to thank the members of the public from Penzance and Hayle who helped us locate Jenkin when he fled following the attack. Their help was invaluable to our inquiry.'


Suffering: Ms Nash is led into Truro Crown Court by a police officer last year, her damaged eyes covered by sunglasses.

Culled from The Daily Mail UK

xoxo
Simply Cheska...



A mother whose eyes were gouged out by her partner said today he had 'robbed me of one of the most precious things in life'.

Shane Jenkin, 33, subjected 31-year-old mother-of-two Tina Nash to a sickening 12-hour attack at her home in Hayle, Cornwall, leaving the attractive blonde completely blind.

Surgeons removed one eye and failed to save the sight in the other, after Ms Nash was suffocated and had her jaw and nose broken during the 'vicious' assault, Truro Crown Court heard.


No comments:

Post a Comment