Monday 2 April 2012

Man abandons wife, children, elopes with lover





Hello Friends!
Like I would always say" Marriage is not a do or die affair!" If your peace of mind and personal satisfaction / fulfillment is at stake, don't marry!!!

Don't get me wrong friends, why would a man/woman trade his/her life for pain and sorrow, when there is a possible alternative? The painful part of all these, is that the children get to suffer for it!

A middle-aged woman, Nkechinyere Obi, has accused her husband, Chukwudi, of dumping her and their four children for another woman.

Nkechinyere told a Grade ‘B’ Customary Court in Oshodi, Lagos, that Chukwudi lured her and the children to their village in the Eastern part of the country in February 2010 and abandoned them there.

Nkechinyere who got married to Chukwudi in 2003 had approached the court to stop him from taking a new wife.

She said, “Obi packed all our personal effects from home and told me we were travelling to the village for a long visit.

“On getting there, he cunningly abandoned me and the children in his father’s house and travelled back to Lagos to marry his new-found lover.
“Since he abandoned us, he refused to pick my calls. When I was able to return to Lagos, my husband’s co-traders mocked me by congratulating me on the new marriage.”

Nkechinyere further told the court that the two older children were still in the village while the last two were with her where she was temporarily living.

Nkechinyere said, “Chukwudi lives in a three-bedroom apartment with his new wife while I put up with friends and family. As I speak to you, our first two children are still in the village where their father dumped them.

“My eldest child is ill and has yet to receive good medical attention. I would have brought them with me to Lagos but I have no home of my own.”

But Chukwudi told the court that he took his family members to the village for a visit and did not intend to abandon them.

Chukwudi said, “I am not married to another woman yet. I have also been living with friends for some time now because my business has not been doing fine.

“I travelled back to Lagos to sort myself out financially. I don’t know where she is getting her information from.”

The Court President, Mrs. A. I. Olorunnimbe, urged both parties to settle their misunderstanding in the interest of their children.

She also ordered Chukwudi to get a decent and affordable accommodation for Nkechinyere and the children and ensure that the two children in the village were brought to Lagos for adequate care and attention.

She asked both parties to come to court for counselling on April 13 and adjourned the matter till May 2 for further hearing.

Source: Punch Metro..

xoxo
Simply Cheska...

No comments:

Post a Comment