Wednesday 7 March 2012

Ojukwu’s son alleges blackmail by family members



Hello Friends!
Latest News on Ojukwu's dynasty: Source Punch Newspapers.
Dede, eldest son of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, on Tuesday alleged that family members tried to stop him from participating in the burial rites of his father.It was believed that Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (Jnr) was the first son of the ex-Biafra warlord, but Debe, who spoke to THE PUNCH in an interview, disputed that.

He said, “I am the first child and son; nobody can take that away from me.”He told our correspondent that the problem in the family had to do with the large estate his grandfather left behind.Debe said, “There have been litigation over the estate my grandfather left behind and other members of my family felt they were going to use the litigation to blackmail me.
“That is why when they (family members) wanted to see President Goodluck Jonathan over the burial plans they decided to be hostile towards me and ensured that I was not part of the team that visited the President.“Due to my nature I decided not to allow the hostility impede the burial activities my father, a man I still respect so much even in death.”

He explained that despite alleged distractions, he ensured he participated in the ceremonies. He added, “Despite all they tried to do to me, I was actively involved in the funeral activities. I was very visible in all the states where my father’s corpse was taken to for full military honour.

“The only place I was not actively involved was the burial in our home town, Nnewi. That day, I had to attend to some private issues.”He added, “I intend to use equity, justice and peace to hold everybody together.“Now that our father is no more, the best way we can honour him is bury the hatchet and live in unity.”Ojukwu died in London on November 26, 2011 after a long illness, aged 78. He was buried in Nnewi, Anambra State on Friday.

Last words: I just don't understand the barbaric attitudes of so called family members in our Nigerian cultural setting... I am too bitter to even trash the issue...Maybe some other time...

XOXO
Simply Cheska...

No comments:

Post a Comment