Thursday 10 January 2013

'I'm never going to get away from it': Naomi Campbell reflects on her cell phone-throwing past...

Damaged reputation: Opening up about her phone-throwing antics Naomi Campbell admitted 'I'm never gonna get away from it... It's part of my history'
Damaged reputation: Opening up about her phone-throwing antics Naomi Campbell admitted 'I'm never gonna get away from it... It's part of my history'...

Hello Friends!

Naomi Campbell has said that she will never be able to shake off her cell-phone throwing reputation.

The fiery supermodel, 42, who pleaded guilty to assaulting her former maid with a BlackBerry in 2007, told Elle magazine: 'I’m never gonna get away from it. It’s part of my history.'

However she hopes that her role as a model mentor on her yet-to-air reality series The Face will allow her to make a fresh start.

The series, set to premiere on February 12 on Oxygen, sees Miss Campbell advise aspiring catwalk stars, with the help of former Victoria's Secret Angel Karolina Kurkova and Canadian model Coco Rocha.
Oxygen's senior vice president Rod Aissa said that viewers will see Miss Campbell in a different light.

'The public will see the Naomi that her friends know. That doesn’t come across in a picture, but it does come across on television,' she explained.
Demonstrating her demonstrative side Miss Campbell added: 'I care for my girls [on the show]. Every single one of them.'

Start over: Miss Campbell hopes that her role as a mentor on The Face will give her a fresh start
Start over: Miss Campbell hopes that her role as a mentor on The Face will give her a fresh start...

Showing a different side: Oxygen's senior vice president said that viewers of The Face will see Miss Campbell in the way 'that her friends know'
Showing a different side: Oxygen's senior vice president said that viewers of The Face will see Miss Campbell in the way 'that her friends know'...

Despite spending more than 25 years posing in front of the camera, 5' 10'' Miss Campbell said that she has always been 'very shy' of doing television.

'I’ve always said no. Not to be disrespectful to anyone - I didn’t want to say yes and then let people down,' she revealed.
'I was remorseful and regretful. I've served. I did that time. And I never want to be in that position again'
She finally agreed work with Oxygen on the project because of the mentorship aspect - as it meant she could use her experience in the modelling industry to help others fulfill their dreams.

At a press conference on Monday she explained that it had been an 'emotional journey' and a preview clip of the series showed her in tears as she embraced a contestant who didn't make the cut.

Returning to the topic of phone-throwing Miss Campbell, who was sentenced to five days of community service and two days of anger management for attacking her former housekeeper Ana Scolavino said: 'I was remorseful and regretful.

Lacking confidence: Despite spending more than 25 years posing in front of cameras, Miss Campbell said that she has always been 'very shy' of doing television
Lacking confidence: Despite spending more than 25 years posing in front of cameras, Miss Campbell said that she has always been 'very shy' of doing television

'I’ve served. I did that time. And I never want to be in that position again.'

She has had numerous run-ins with the law. In 2003, she was sued by a former assistant who alleged that she had once thrown a phone at her in a Beverly Hills hotel and in 2000 she pleaded guilty in Toronto to beating an assistant with a telephone.

Her fiery temper has also earned her enemies, one of them being America's Next Top Model judge Tyra Banks. The duo famously had a 15-year feud.

But now it seems that any bad feelings have been put to rest. Describing Miss Banks during the Elle interview Miss Campbell said: 'I’m proud of her as a woman of color. She’s given girls opportunity, and God bless her.'

Naomi Campbell Naomi Campbell
On the go: Miss Campbell was recently spotted in Miami taking time out after an alleged assault in Paris last fall...

For the February issue of Elle Magazine Miss Campbell was photographed wearing a range of structured looks from designers including Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Zac Posen and Thom Browne.

This week she was spotted in Miami recuperating after an alleged assault in Paris last fall.
Two men on motorcycles tried to get away with her handbag as she sat waiting in a taxi. Nothing was taken but she sustained injuries to her knee.

'I had an injury with my knee, and I am on the mend. But I cannot discuss any further because there is an investigation,' she recently commented.

Culled from The Daily Mail UK.

xoxo
Simply Cheska...

No comments:

Post a Comment