Thursday 18 October 2012

Gospel Singer, GLORIA DOYLE Set To Remarry...How She Fell In Love With A Younger Man...


Gloria Doyle...

Hello Friends!

Gospel Singer, Gloria Doyle is one of the few female gospel singers who have made a name for themselves in Nigeria music industry. The 38 year old light-complexioned mother of 3 hit the limelight about 5 years ago but has been off the scene for about 2 years now. 

The new thing about the Edo born singer is that she is getting married again 14 years after the crash of her first marriage.The light skinned beauty is set to wed her newly found younger lover, as the traditional wedding comes up in Edo State on December 19th 2012 , while the Court wedding and reception will hold in 2013. 

Gloria who just returned from the U.S also noted that she is getting married to someone who is in the entertainment industry and he is 6 years younger. 
In this chat with City People's Entertainment Editor, Afolabi Oyekoya she spoke on how her marriage crashed and how she fell in love 14 years after. 

It came to our knowledge that you are planning on getting married again?

Yes you are right. I am getting married again in December and I am excited about it. It is going to be a low key wedding and it will take place on the 19th of December 2012. And in 2013 we shall be having the white wedding.

How exactly do you feel getting married again and what happened to your first marriage?

Hmmm! Well all I can tell you is that I feel so great to have finally met a man that appreciates and loves me whole heartedly. My first marriage crashed for different reasons. First is the issue of Tribalism because he is Ibo and I am from Edo State. Secondly, he couldn't cope with the fact that I wanted to be an Entertainer. A normal Ibo man would want his wife to remain at home and go to the market and take care of the kids. I got married at the age of 18 and had my first child at 20. By the time I was 24, the marriage was already experiencing trouble. I was really abused. 

How do you mean you were abused?

He used to beat me and bring women to the house. I am from a polygamous family and I wanted my marriage to last. I tried to endure the marriage for so many years, but when I couldn't anymore I had to move on. 
What I am telling you now I have never told anyone. I endured so much beatings all because I wanted my marriage to last. I tried to endure the marriage for so many years but when I couldn't anymore I had to move on. 
When the issues of abuse wouldn't stop that was when my family intervened It was actually a life threatening issue. I had 3 kids for him, 2 boys and I girl.

Since you were young when your first marriage crashed, why did it take you so long to remarry?

I have been single for a while. It's been 14 years since my first marriage crashed. I met the person I want marry now about 2 years ago. He is also in the entertainment industry and he is a music video director, an instrumentalist and a producer. I met him during one of my rehearsals and right there, we just got along. That was it and after about 2 months, we started dating and now we are getting married. For some reasons I don't want to mention his name funnily enough he is younger than me by 6 years and he has never been married.

How did his family take it when they learnt you are older than him and divorcee with 3 kids? 

You see marrying a younger person is not a big deal as far as I am concerned. What matters is the affection you have for each other, I have met with his parents and they are cool. 
I respect him a lot and he respects me too. He is a very special and loving person. He is caring and supportive. 

What's the attraction, considering the fact that you had many guys wanting to date you? 

You see, any guy that wanted to date me I always put them on a test and they fail. I did the same with him and he passed. 
He has this enduring and understanding Spirit that I appreciate. I have had terrible experiences with guys. Most of the time when guys know you are a single parent, they forget that you have emotions. 

They just wanna take you to club, restaurant and bed. That is not my lifestyle because I preach and counsel people. I remember few years ago, my mother was insistent that I re-marry. In fact my whole family were on my neck to marry again. 

You have been off the scene for a while? 

Yeah! I had to travel to America to spend time with my kids and also because they are all schooling in America I had to make sure they are settled there before I do anything else. My kids are my priorities and the first one, a boy, is 20 years old. They all live with their father. I have signed a new deal with a new label and I am dropping an album soon. 

xoxo
Simply Cheska...






No comments:

Post a Comment