Thursday 31 May 2012

Quadruplets: Second baby dies, father requests prayers

The quadruplets
The quadruplets 


Hello Friends!


One of the three babies left among the quadruplets born to Mr. Samuel and Joy Chukwukaelo, died on Monday.
This makes it two babies that have died among the quadruplets. One had earlier died on Sunday.

The quadruplets were born at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital last Thursday.
Their father said the family received financial assistance from the wife of Kwara State governor, Mrs. Omolewa Ahmed, who visited the hospital on Wednesday.

Also, he said the Senator representing Kwara Central Senatorial District, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and an unnamed individual had donated money to the family, adding that the money received from the three donors was N90, 000.

While thanking the donors, he called for prayers and more financial assistance from Nigerians.
Chukwukaelo said, “My wife is okay. Help has been trickling in from individuals and the wife of the governor.

“Three individuals have called me. I have received N20,000 from one of them. Also, a delegation from Saraki visited and donated N20,000. I have received a total of N90,000 from the three donors. I am still calling on Nigerians, government, companies and organisations to please assist us financially so that the babies can survive.

“I am not happy about the death of the two babies. But there is nothing I can do. However, I thank God. I plead with Christians all over the country to pray for the survival of the two babies left.”
Earlier, the governor’s wife commended the management of the UITH for taking good care of the babies and their mother.

She added that she donated N50,000 to the babies, saying she only heard about them on Wednesday.
Ahmed said she had directed some workers at the medical arm of her foundation, Leah Charity Foundation, to visit the babies on Thursday (today), adding that she would also assist them when the need arose.

She said, “I just heard about it. I saw it in the papers and the Chief Press Secretary also mentioned it to me in the morning. Even though I already had my schedule, I went there to see the mother and babies.

“In fact, I must commend the management of UITH. They have done a tremendous work. I was shown a letter signed by the CMD directing that the babies should be taken care of irrespective of whether their parents paid or not.

“He said all the payments would be deferred until the babies are discharged. Sincerely, they have been doing their best and I do not think they have been asking the parents for money. The babies are still in the intensive care unit. It is an ongoing thing. Anytime anything is needed we will do our best.”


Culled from Punch Metro.

xoxo
Simply Cheska...

No comments:

Post a Comment