Saturday 31 March 2012

Special Celebrity Guest For March: G-Clan...























Hello Friends!
This special segment on Simply Cheska, where we get to meet different people in different fields of interest is channeled towards inspiration, motivation and encouragement...I get to meet young (and not so young) individuals everyday, mostly by chance or planned. I didn't bargain for what I got some few weeks back at an event...
For the month of March, we have decided to feature a young, very talented and gutty musician..
Most of you in the christian circle (especially in colleges in Nigeria) would know who I am talking about...A jovial, handsome and smiley fellow, PK as he is fondly called by his family and close friends, is a force to reckon with in the Rap Music Industry... Please share with me, excerpts from our interview via Black berry Messenger Chat:




 Q:Who Is G-Clan and where is he from?
A: G-Clan which means'' God's Clairvoyance Linage, Accurately Noble, is a gospel rap/ rock oriented artist and performer. My aim is to take Gospel Music, to another level.
I am from Delta State in Nigeria.

Q: Where did you grow up?
A: I grew up in Edo State (was also born there) but my goal is to explore the beautiful states of Nigeria.

Q: Have you always wanted to sing?
A: Singing was part of me from high school. I realized that there was a special thing about me that calms and gives me joy/peace each time I sing.
Q: What kind of  music do you play?
A: I play Rock/Rap/Pop and Inspirational songs...



Q: Most people feel that musicians, especially Nigerian artists are school drop outs..Do you have any formal education?
A: I believe in education and that it plays a large role in our songs too. I believe everyone has their personal drive because, life is filled with choices-Not all artists are school dropouts. Yes, I have a formal education. I graduated from The Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, Edo State and I studied Civil Engineering.
I'm also an Oracle Certified Associate Holder (OCA) and presently on a course (Mechanical Egineering)@PTI Warri Delta State.

Q: Wow! You seem to love Engineering, don't you? Some brains You've got there...Why is that?
A: I have always loved the sciences and particularly Engineering and Computers...But Music is Me. I am not complete without it.

Q: Tell us briefly about your family, what number are you in the family tree?
A: .I'm from a family of 8,six girls and 2dudes..I happen to be the 7th child. My mom is a business woman, few of my sisters too, my brother is a business man,..let's say I have a business oriented  family.


Q: What do you think about the Music Industry in Nigeria today?
A: I am proud of what the Music Industry in Nigeria has become(if you look back then and focus on the present). We have improved in Lyrics(few artists though), quality of our videos and exposure with foreign artists. There is still room for improvement.


Q:Are you signed on any Record label? Which one? If no, what are you doing to get signed on?
A: No I'm not signed just yet. I'm working on making my own label to be called .QED recordz..cos most record labels hardly sign on gospel artists...Sad though, as we truly have great talents out there.


Q: As a Gospel Artist, would you sell out? I mean change to circular music, since it seems to sell?
A: Never! I won't change to circular..I will only change, when the stripes of the Zebra are no more there.
*Never say never Mr G-Clan..


Q: Who are your role models in the Music Industry?
A: .I have but a few I admire like..Lucrea, Andymineo, Crossmovements etc. I also admire cool Nigerian circular artist like Tu face Idibia.


Q: What are you working on right now?
A: I'm working on my CD Mixtape Vs Singles..bringing my singles and recorded mixtapes in a CD.
Q: When should we be expecting this?
A: This year hopefully my CD should be out, just follow my links for updates.


Q: What's your advice to young and upcoming artist as yourself?
A: I would say ''Be yourselves, stick to what you were called to do'' Like I always tell myself ''if it is to be, it is up to ME!%.


We wish you all the very best in all your endeavours Mr. G-Clan.


You can get to hear and connect with G-Clan via the links(copy links) below...You would agree with me after listening to his songs, that indeed, he is a force to reckon with...I see the talents of Eminem, Tu Pac, DJ Jimmy Jatt and Roof Top MC all embedded in him...
Watch this space for updates...


Links:http://www.reverbnation.com/gclanqed
Twitter:@gclanqed
Facebook:gclan qed perkins
Email:gclanp@yahoo.com
Tel:   +2348067978040     
Download:http://t.co/qrpQlf



xoxo
Simply Cheska...




 














 


No comments:

Post a Comment