Tuesday 13 March 2012

Man wins right in court to have a doctor end his life


Hello Friends!
Imagine a man wishing he had terminal cancer? One man's meat, is indeed another's poison...
I have never been a supporter of "Euthanasia'/ Mercy Killing'', but sometimes, one just wonders why go through the sufferring if there are options? Options that are many and not limited to taking your own life!

A man with “locked-in syndrome” won the right today to ask the courts to declare that a doctor can lawfully end the “indignity” of his life.

In an unprecedented case, Tony Nicklinson, 57, is seeking a declaration that a doctor could assist him without facing a prosecution for murder. He is paralysed from the neck down after a stroke in 2005 and unable to speak or make any move to assist his own death.

In a moving statement read out to court, Mr Nicklinson said that he would feel lucky if he contracted terminal cancer so that he was no longer kept alive against his will. “I am fed up with my life and don’t want to spend the next 20 years or so like this,” he said, in a message laboriously spelled out one letter at a time by blinking.

"'Am I grateful that the Athens doctor saved my life? No, I am not. If I had my time again, and knew then what I know now, I would not have called the ambulance but let nature take its course.”..
Hmmmm...

xoxo
Simply Cheska..



 

No comments:

Post a Comment