Wednesday 14 March 2012

Live From North London, UK: Day 1



 

Hello Friends!
I sincerely apologize for not keeping in touch since today...Yours Truly arrived North London, UK early this morning, for a week vacation and hopefully,would be bringing live insights and posts from this other part of the world.

Our Immigration Personnel at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, almost killed my enthusiasm...if you know what I am saying...The thing tire your sister o! The collection plate move from one traveller to the other. Some people just bone face! *LOL*

This is my first time in a European country, as I visit African countries mostly but well, you know, there's always a first time for everything... I have never been a lover of London but as soon as my British Airways Plane landed and I stepped out, I fell deeply and hopelessly in love with London...

I loved the very cold weather and the serenity of the entire place. Driving to my hotel in the company of my highly entertaining couzins(who preferred to drive me round Central London instead of letting me go rest from the long flight), was a thrilling and exciting experience. It was a beautiful sight to see Westminster and the back of the Queen's palace and the church where Prince Williams got married...

Should I mention the huge shops? The biggest Primark Shop (well I hear you can get everything and anything at a very cheap rate here) The most expensive shop ever! Harrods with its beautiful lights was a sight to me.

I noticed something also that I do in Nigeria but is totally frowned at. People read books while walking!!!! I counted 5 women within that small space of Finchley and Regents Park who read books as they walked along the road. This is a beautiful thing to me but who go try that nonsense for Lagos? Okada go clear the person legs from road *LOL*

It is really easier to read a book while walking on the sides of the road because all motorists in North London (maybe in the entire UK) obey traffice rules and road signs!

I had dinner at the famous ''Mama Calabar restuarant...Edi kan ikong and pounded yam...

Plan for Day 2: Visit Windsor, to see The Windsor Castle .... and also check out Newlook shops and Harrods..who knows what I would find?*wink*

xoxo
Simply Cheska...

1 comment: