Wednesday 1 August 2012

My Time Out With Uti Nwanchukwu: Our Celebrity Guest ...

Sir Uti
Hello friends!

Our Guest for the month of July (well, his birthday is on the 3rd of August, so it's a special piece) is a Man that has clearly but respectfully carved a distinct niche for himself in the world of Reality Television, Music, TV Presentation, Acting, Modelling and who knows what else Uti is capable of doing...He has effortlessly exhibited his versatility in everything beautiful that entertainment represents.
If you have never met him, you would think he is too engrossed in his business to the extent that he lacks the time for you, but Sir Uti as he is fondly called, is  our everyday happy and funny guy...He is fun to be with and extremely accommodating...


From his Big Brother Days, we all know him as annoyingly controversial, kind of a bully (laughs)  but in spite of those "Reality Game traits", Uti was also sweet in the two times he was in the Big Brother Africa Reality TV Show (BBA 3 & BBA 5).
The BBA5 All Stars was to a large extent, his big but lucky break. Uti Won the Game by playing it fair and as far as most Africans are concerned (his vote margin speaks for him), Uti played the game the way it was meant to be played.   Strictly entertainment, controversy and wits...He had it all.


Unlike many young celebrities who would let the taste of fame and quick fortune get to their heads, Uti launched out into the Modelling, Musical and Acting world by paying the dues of hard work, dedication and humility to get to where he is today... Uti's romance with the Modelling Industry was rewarded last year, when he won The Model Of The Year Award 2011 (Male Category).
From what we know, Uti isn't done just yet...His Speed Boat is still in motion. I got a hold of him this past week and drilled him (It wasn't an easy task, I swear) for information on what he has been up to..One thing is certain though: While a lot of changes and growth has occurred in his life and career, Uti's sense of humour is still intact .Enjoy Our brief Interview:

Question 1: 
Who exactly is Uti Nwanchukwu?Briefly tell us about yourself and how you started in the entertainment industry...
 I grew up in Ughelli and Sapele in Delta State and attended The Igbinedion Secondary School, University of Nigeria Nsuka and The Benson Idahosa University respectively. I moved to Lagos State in 2005 and commenced my Modelling career by appearing on Bill Boards and Videos. Of course, BBA 3 launched me into the entertainment world but BBA 5 SEALED THE DEAL.


Question 2: 
People seem to relate better with the Uti of BBA 5: Why is that?
I guess it's because I learnt a lot from BBA3 and I didn't want to repeat the mistakes I made in BBA3. It could also be because I have grown...So many things happened between BBA3 and BBA5...Life humbled me and one thing I learnt is that nothing really matters apart from God and Family.
Question 3: What are you up to now? What's in the works for you at the moment?
I just wrapped up a Movie that was shot in Benin City directed by Lancelot Imasuen. It is titled "Deep Inside". I starred alongside Omoni Oboli and Zack Orji.
Again, August 3rd is my birthday so, I shall be visiting Widows and spending time with them baring gifts. August is a really good month for me as I got nominated at the Future & Nigerian Entertainment Awards for On Air Personality Award (Jara/MNET).


Question 4: How is your relationship with Sheila of BBA 5 going? Any wedding bells soon? And what exactly attracted you to Sheila?
Abeg, are people not tired of asking this question? This issue has been over flogged Abeg and I have chosen not to entertain questions about it anymore. I am sorry but this is my decision.
Question 5: How can you compare BBA 5 with BBA 6 and the present BBA 7?
BBA 5 was an All Star Game! There was sensible Drama, Lots of emotions, lots of fun, adventure and laughter plus that was the season that held Nigeria's attention the most. I don't think any BBA Season will ever measure up to it until the organizers of the show, launch another All Star Game. So let's wait for it...
Question 6: How is your Acting, Music & Modelling career doing? Tell us more about this part of you.
So far so good. Well, what you see, is what you get really. I work really hard at what I do.''In The Cupboard" (a Movie) is going to be released  this August...Finally! LOL. 
As for my Musical career, a full Pop/Rock album is expected out soon. For Modelling, the more shows that come up, the more you will see me on the Runway...

Question 7: There was a tweet some time ago on twitter about your frequent association with your male friends( most especially Alex Ekubo) and the fact that you prefer male company than female company? Please clear the air on this assumption by a segment of  your Twitter fans: Is Uti Gay?
This is a stupid, daft and retarded question/assumption. I will not respond to it. Let people go on believing what they want to believe...Sensible and God fearing people, know the truth.

Question 8: Most celebrities are being questioned recently about their sexuality: Susan Peters, Banky W and even you! Why do you think this is the norm now?
It is obvious that more and more people are getting their brains fried! This is because, I don't know when Nigeria got into the phase of sexual brouhaha! Once you are good looking and favoured, the next thing is "Ohh, he/she is not straight. Show me a big star who hasn't had a gay rumour  attached to his/ her success, and I will show you a failed star..  Please allow the little mind get amused. LOL.
Question 9: If you were not to be in entertainment, what do you think you would be passionate about?
If I were not to be in entertainment, I would be involved in some sort of Philanthropy. The feeling 
you get whenever you help people that never expected your help in the first place, is priceless!


Question 10: True Citizens: A movie you starred in alongside some of your friends...Tell us more about the movie, your role and how it affects our present Nigerian society.

It's simple. "True Citizens" is a movie that is aimed at motivating the people to believe in this country Nigeria, despite the current state of affairs. In a nutshell, its message is: "Start here and then expand your dreams"...
A scene from True Citizens...

Question 11: If you are not working, what do you do to relax and un wind?
I watch a lot of TV, I go out to lounges and chill with my family at home... 

Question 12: What is your advice for young men and women who would like to build a career in Acting/Modelling or Music (Young men and women who would want to stand on their own two feet ).
I would advice that they place God first. My breakthrough came when I started taking God seriously. I would also recommend hard work, perseverance and a positive thinking lifestyle. Do good and never be in a competition with another (you are your own unique individual). They should constantly build and improve on their skills and talents and maintain focus. 
Question 13: Who is your ideal woman? 
My ideal woman is almost too perfect so I believe she doesn't exist because me too I nor perfect (laughs). However, I will settle for a God fearing, funny, tolerant, happy and positive woman who is very sexy (effortless) and accommodating.
Question 14: What do you think of "Simply Cheska's Blog?

Simply Cheska's Blog is Fresh!!!Very Fresh!!!! Carry On and soon you will over blow sef (Laughs).

P.S. You can keep those votes for Uti pouring in by visiting the Nigerian Entertainment Awards Website and see him emerge the Best On Air Personality Of The Year (TV).
How to vote: Simply text NEA #23 UTI and send to 32051

xoxo
Simply Cheska...










No comments:

Post a Comment