Tuesday 5 June 2012

I flew in plane some hours before crash —Traveller


Hello Friends!



A passenger, who boarded the Dana Airline few hours before it crashed on Sunday in Iju-Ishaga, Lagos, Godwin Ediagbonya, has narrated how he narrowly escaped the crash that claimed all 153 passengers and crew members on board.

Ediagbonya, a pharmacist with Dana Pharmaceuticals, said he had boarded the same flight hours before it crashed into a building on Sunday.

He said, “I am alive today due to God’s mercy because one way or the other, I would have been involved in the crash that killed hundreds of Nigerians.

“We flew in that same plane that crashed on Sunday from Lagos to Abuja.Our flight was originally scheduled for 3pm but it was rescheduled for 12.06pm. When we got to Abuja, there was a little turbulence and the plane did extra minutes in the air at the airport and turned around twice before it landed some minutes past 1pm.

“The same plane picked passengers from Abuja back to Lagos around 3pm but sadly it crashed.”

He added that a pilot had warned that the plane was not in good shape for travelling when he boarded another Dana flight from Abuja to Lagos on Thursday.

“The truth has to be known. The plane actually looks nice and beautiful inside. But when I was coming to Lagos on Thursday aboard another Dana airline, the pilot announced that there were three Dana airlines on the route but one was not serviceable.

“From what I gathered, that was the one that crashed after some repairs were done on it. I think the plane was not in good condition. I am not celebrating because other lives were lost and I could have been involved,” Ediagbonya, who resides in Minna, Niger State, said.

But his relations in Abule-Egba area of Lagos would have none of that as they partied all night in celebration of Ediagbonya’s ‘miraculous escape.’

“I was restless when I learnt that Dana Airline had crashed because my brother had boarded one of their planes. When I learnt that he wasn’t part of the crash, I invited my family members and friends in celebration. It is a miraculous escape,” Ediagbonya’s younger sibling, Francis, said.


Culled from The Punch Newspapers.

xoxo
Simply Cheska...

No comments:

Post a Comment