Friday 10 February 2012

What are Friends For?

  
Hello Friends!
For the past two days, my mind has been occupied with what the true meaning of friendship means to me...I can safely say that it does depend on the respective individuals involved but friendship is simply loyalty and dedication to each other or one another as the case may be.
Nowadays, people do not value such relationships anymore because the new rule is "what can I get from him/her". This rule, largely determines the level and quality of loyalty and commitment a particular friendship gets from the parties involved. I do understand that friendship like most relationships is a win-win affair. A give and take partnership. I believe that if a particular friendship/relationship is not adding to your personality in a positive way, you are a total loser! You should opt out as soon as you still can. While you are being improved by your friends, ensure that you also contribute to their well being and improvement. No matter how little it may seem to you...Seeds do grow.
I tested a friend of mine recently to see how loyal he is to me and how important I am to him...I told him that I was gay(that was the only way I could test this guy! I am so NOT GAY) and he could not believe his ears and although he tried to preach to me, he explained how much he appreciates my person and contribution to his personality, and how important I am to him...He did say something about his loving me even more for being open and honest about my sexuality...This is the same guy that swore to kill any of his friends that claims to be gay in a Black berry group chat room...*smiles*. Julian, you are a great friend! We have however settled the NOT GAY part....
I dedicate this piece to Pablo, Julian, Olay, Ikey, Rayna, imal, Patty and all my great friends that won't like being mentioned here *wink* I love you! We all need friends that would help place us where our destinies carry us...


XOXO
Simply Cheska.

No comments:

Post a Comment