Thursday 9 August 2012

My Weekend In Pictures...Uti's Birthday Gig...


Sir Uti

Hello Friends!

Yeah! I know this post was supposed to come earlier than now? Well, you know what they say "better late than never". 

Considering the fact that I am not always available for parties, a lot of preparation had to be made on my part, to attend Uti's party. It would have been rude of me not to have honored his invitation...My two sisters and I prepared happily for it.
Yes, the usual questions...Dress? Make up? Hair? Shoes? Bag? Nails? And not always the case with most Nigerians, Gifts?
By Saturday mid morning, all the above questions have been answered...I was set for a cool and fun filled week end...No reservations...Well, a little bit*wink*.

The venue: Caliente N0 9, Goriolla Street Off Adeola Odeku Street Victoria Island Lagos...The time:11:00pm sharp (as indicated in the BBM Invitation). Dress Code: None! This is usually the part I like.

By 11: 30pm, my sisters and I were at the venue and surprised to see that we were the first guests to arrive!*shocked expression*.
We waited for a while until guests started arriving...The celebrant himself was no where to be found and I silently wondered what he would do/say to his guests when he arrives. You know how some so called celebrities can be: Arrogant, Snobbish and extremely way over their heads with people...Well, sipping our drinks, we waited patiently while we took personal photos...


Lily & Cassandra....
Yours Truly ( Francheska)....

The celebrant worked in with so much entourage, that all I could think of was: How would Uti treat his waiting guests...It was a relief to see him leave his crew and shake/hug all his waiting guests and at the same time apologizing for coming in late! How often do you see this?

Sincerely? I was impressed and my growing respect for Uti, increased...I guess we can take that to the bank*wink*...

Since the celebrant had arrived, the party commenced....Here are some of the party photos with friends....It was indeed a fun filled night with lots of dancing, drinking and chatting...I did like the crowd...No celebrity infested gathering (laughs) It was just a simple gathering of friends and family...Nice combination...


Francheska & Uti
Cassandra & Alex Ekubo
Lily & Gbenro Ajibade of Tinsel
Cassandra & Gbenro
Cassandra & Prince
Gbenro & Francheska.
Cassandra & Uti
Francheska & Cassandra
Lily with Cassandra looking on...
Francheska...

We shall post more pictures from the party soon....


xoxo
Simply Cheska...




1 comment: