Thursday 16 February 2012

There Is No Right Way Of Doing Something Wrong...


Hello Friends!
Call me uptight or too serious or whatever! It really does not matter! Why? I have passed that road and I am so not going back there! I have always believed that "Honesty is the best Policy, and it must not be compromised because of people or situations" It has always been my strength (sticking to what I believe in, even getting hated for it) but recently, it has become a huge concern to me as supposed professionals and well respected individuals turn blind eye to stuffs that ordinarily requires a lot of integrity.
Let's take this scenario, I have an important document to dispatch to a client(who is already waiting for it) and I send same for dispatch to the Dispatch Unit. When I request for my usual feedback /proof of delivery, I get stories...Document was never dispatched/claimed not to have been received! And the so called head of Unit/department does nothing about the situation! In fact, for no sane reason at all, nothing is done to any defaulter(as is usually the case). Why cover up for wrong doings or do nothing about it, when it does not help your person, job or business? This is another form of dis honesty! You don't commit the act yourself, but you condone it: You are tagged as guilty as the defaulter! No matter how you coat it!  Honesty might not be the best policy to maintain sometimes, because you need a level of diplomacy to exhibit it. Instead of talking and getting into trouble or hurting people, just keep your mouth shut and deal with the situation...Well not for me, the truth must be let out (how I portray that truth, depends on my level of maturity and diplomacy).
Truthfulness, Sincerity or Frankness, are only exhibited by honest people with a level of integrity that is worth emulating. Covering up the truth or pretending that you do not see what is going on, will only worsen the entire situation and hinder your efforts as a professional, business person, student or parent! I understand and admit that in our society today, this is way too difficult to maintain - Our leaders are the worst examples of what Integrity represents but that must not change the fact that integrity is as important as the air we breath. It breeds trust towards one another and thus strengthen our society...In the long haul, it builds up the family system as well...A father that would gladly bribe his son's lecturers for high grades, should be ready to take the fall when the son becomes lazy or a fraud tomorrow.There is just no right way of doing what is wrong! Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong!
Speak the truth at the right time and frown at wrong doing! Never complain when things don't work, because when stuffs were done wrongly, you never frowned at them!
By the way, I had to re draft that letter but have my own Quality Control Measures in place to ensure that nobody denies ever receiving a letter from my Unit! My Records are clear as you must now sign for everything (cash or document ) that leaves my desk! Yeah! Call me tough or uptight, I sincerely don't care!


XOXO
Simply Cheska.

No comments:

Post a Comment