Friday 6 January 2012

Mothers! Teach Your Sons To Be Good Husbands!












Hello Friends!

Raynne my very good friend and colleague just arrived from the UK and came over to Lagos for a conference and decided to stay with me. We got talking about our years in College, family and even marriage (an interesting topic since neither of us is married. Yet).

She made an outstanding statement that got me thinking really hard and agreeing with her. She said that if only mothers and fathers alike would ensure that their sons are taught the responsibility of marriage just as their daughters, we would have less domestic violence and divorce rates in our societies.
This statement blew my mind as we discover in our society today, that men usually put less effort in ensuring that marriages work...Domestic violence and infidelity is on the increase, hence divorce rates!
If a mother would take out time to also tell her son that the woman should be loved, appreciated and respected, just as she tells her daughter about the man, the son would grow up to value the importance of the woman/marriage and thus ensure that the sacred institution and all that it represents is upheld.
Why do men beat their wives? Aside all other in sane reasons, one reason that stands out is that their mothers never taught them that there are other ways to express anger and that only a weak insecure man would feel comfortable hitting a woman he calls his better half: An integral part of him.

I don't have to be married to know that just as my mother taught me to love, adore and respect my husband and listen to him even if I would need to air my views, the man has that same obligation to love me, adore me, respect and listen to me as well. Or what do you think?

A great writer once wrote " The best thing you can ever say to your man as a woman is: “Baby, I believe in you and I know you have all it takes to make it..." I sincerely believe that the best thing a man can say to his woman is “Baby, I appreciate and Love you, although I don't get the chance to always show it, I promise to make an effort at every chance I get..."

A child irrespective of its gender, must be taught how to Love, Respect and Appreciate his/her fellow human beings...

So guys, if you are not treating your woman right, it's never too late to ask mummy...

XOXO

Simply Cheska.






3 comments:

  1. ...By the way, I totally need to stress the truth that my very good friend (whose picture was used for this article) would make any woman proud...He is a total darling...*winks and smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said....you can't give what you do not have.

    ReplyDelete