Tuesday 24 January 2012

In Time...More than A Movie...


Hello Friends!

The time was 3:30pm on a sunny Saturday afternoon. It was like busy New York City, but busier considering it was a weekend.
The venue was Ikeja under Bridge, Lagos Nigeria (Braids Center).   As I sat quietly braiding my hair, my mind and eyes were fully alert beholding the scene before me – It is amazing how we can all be so different but still be alike.
I took in the disparity between the faces of the people, their skin tone and color, their body shapes and the different brands / colors of numerous cars.
People never stopped moving, the noise from Video & Audio CD shops increased as traders battled for the attention from the Crowd of Heads…
At a point I simply concluded that Life is for the Living, but my heart pricked me with a question: How many of these people are truly happy and fulfilled with their lives?
I could only answer the question using myself as a Case Study.

For hours while I sat under the expert hands of the hairstylist, tired and hungry, I noticed that the interesting scene before me never changed save for a few occasional fights between Bus drivers, passengers and bus conductors.
The conclusion of the whole craziness is that irrespective of our numerous differences in names, cultural and educational backgrounds, we all share some similarities – we want to live, we want to achieve more than we have already and we want to be relevant.
Attaining the above status requires a lot of time and effort and how ready and willing are we to sacrifice the time and effort necessary?

How much time / effort do you place on your total personal improvement, improvement of others and your environment?
Do you spend time to build instead of to destroy?
Do you spend time to encourage instead of discouraging?
Do you prioritize your daily work schedule so you can achieve more, or you just work aimlessly and never seem to lay a finger on the result of each day?
Whatever option you choose, will invariably determine how fulfilled your life would eventually become.  You can make up your mind to be amongst the crowd but be part of the relevant few.

At exactly 7: 30pm, I found myself walking hurriedly in the midst of the crowd to get a Cab home. I have become part of the scene that I have been viewing but I know  and understand my role on this stage called Life…

Last words: The time to achieve will never come if you do not create it and use it effectively well.

XOXO
Simply Cheska

No comments:

Post a Comment