Saturday 26 May 2012

Special Feature with Ola & Chris of BBA 7 Stargame...

Chris Asekomeh and Ola Bakare
Nigeria's Cool Reps. of BBA 7 Star Game.

Hello Friends!


Chris Asekomeh and Ola Bakare, Nigerian housemates in the 2012 Big Brother Africa Stargame show, tell ’NONYE BEN-NWANKWO why they left the house

Why we left BBA

Ola: We had to choose health over wealth. I had hypertension. Even after I was placed on medication, it was still a bit high. I eventually chose to pull out of the show. I had to be smart. As I said, it is health over wealth. What if I had slumped and died on international TV? The story would have been different. People would have blamed me for not pulling out. Because of the kind of game we were playing, anxiety was sure to set in.

We were in a confined space with 27 other people, including this idiot (Chris) here with me. We were at one another’s neck. And then, there were pretty women in the house. They would go to take their bath and we would look at them and all that. Our blood certainly would rise just by looking at those females. Our leaving wasn’t a calculated thing. It wasn’t planned. Three hundred thousand dollars is such a big money for me to have let go just like that. But I had to be smart. It wasn’t manipulated.

We weren’t paid to leave the show. Mine wasn’t really an ailment. I had high blood pressure. It could happen to anybody. It is not as if it is a sickness per se. It wasn’t Mnet’s fault because they didn’t dictate the sickness. We were medically examined. I didn’t have high blood pressure before I entered the house. I am even grateful that it was discovered. That was how Sam Okwaraji just slumped and died. I would have been grooving one day and I would just slump and die. I would also advise everybody to take out time and check their blood pressure.

No disappointment

Chris: To be honest, I thought we would get to the final and eventually bring the cash back home. But you never can tell what would happen. A lot of people came with that same reason; they want to become winners of the show. But when they got into the house, it was a different thing. Some of them wanted to leave the house immediately. For me, health was more important than anything else. I needed the money, yes. But I don’t think I would take money over Ola’s health.

What if he had died on international TV and I eventually win? I wouldn’t have been able to spend the money. He is a fool though but he is my friend. The prize money is so huge but life is greater than it. I made the right decision to encourage him to leave because of his health and every reasonable person would have done same.

If he wouldn’t do same for me, it is left for him. It wouldn’t change the fact that I am his friend. There is no way you will be in that house and your blood pressure will not go up. Females will be touching you everywhere. The tasks and exercises can even get your blood pressure up. I would have loved to date a woman in the house but I wasn’t really interested that much. I wanted the money more. I need to help my family.

Impact of BBA

Chris: One day in that house can change lives. I spent two weeks in the house and it was awesome. It was short but huge as well. We didn’t know people loved us. We imparted greatly on fellow housemates. We don’t fake. We were so natural in the house. This is who we are and how we behave. It is unscripted. You saw what happened when we were leaving. It wasn’t an act. All the housemates cried. BBA house was so much fun even before we left. We had free food. We had free drinks. It was like a scholarship.

Ola: We were so real. People loved us. People cried for us. What else can I ask from God? People were wailing like kids. We were able to impart on lives for just two weeks that we stayed in the house. It was mad! It was simply incredible. We were so many in the house and it added to the fun. We had only one bathroom. We were so real. The only game there was the prize money.

Our friendship

Chris: We have known each other for more than 10 years. He is a foolish guy but he is my friend. In fact, we are fools. We used to model together. He knows the people I know and I know the people he knows. We just clicked and our friendship has grown over the years.

Ola: It is not how long we have known each other but how well. We bonded so well and that is what matters. He is not a fair weather friend. He is my buddy. We tell ourselves the truth. We don’t sweep things under the carpet. It has been wonderful. Our friendship is not hypocritical. The word friendship has been abused. We are not using our friendship as ‘try your luck.’ Chris is my friend for life. The situation wasn’t open for discussion. He said that if he were in my shoes, I would have done same for him. He is my boy.

Relationship
Chris: I am single. I don’t have a girlfriend and I am not searching. Women have plenty wahala. I don’t have money. Now, my fan base has increased. In a day, I can get more than 400 messages. It has been crazy.

Ola: Ah! I am a big boy now. In fact, I am a celeb. But really, this is not new to me. I was a model. I have been in the spotlight. I am not going to allow this particular spotlight to get to my head. But in the house, I liked a particular girl, Julia. She said she would come to Nigeria immediately she leaves the house. I am not saying something is going to come out of it. But I would rather marry somebody who I like so that after 20 years, I could still give her a peck and not ask myself who brought me into this trouble.

How we went for BBA
Chris: A lot of people called me and suggested I pair up with them for BBA. But I wasn’t interested. But when Ola called me, he just said, ‘Idiot, where are you? Let’s go for BBA.’ I agreed. He told me to fill the form and I told him he was mad. He was the person that filled the forms and sent them. Honestly, we came for the audition to have fun. We never knew we would be taken. We even dressed so funny. We were just misbehaving. After a couple of weeks, I got a call and he got a call that we’d been selected.

Ola: Chris doesn’t have talent so he couldn’t have thought of going into the BBA house. He doesn’t have any sense. I was the one that suggested we go for it. We went there with an open mind. People were asking us if we were sure we came for the audition. We said we didn’t know what we came to do. The people who auditioned were so shocked the way we answered their questions.

Regrets
Chris: The only regret we have is that we didn’t get the prize money. I wish we came back with that prize. Apart from that, life continues. Now that we are out, I hope Goldie wins since I am a full-fledged Nigerian. I am patriotic. But when you are in the house, friendship grows. Zainab was our very good friend. She is real. That was why we clicked. So, if Goldie doesn’t win, then let the money go to Zainab.

Ola: My regret is that I left my friends in the house. I miss them so much. You will not understand. Zainab is a mad girl. She was our great friend. As for who I wish to win, it would be very hard. I have not really watched the show. I don’t know how Goldie is in the house. I can only talk about the people I stayed in the house with. Zainab is not well. She is crazy. She doesn’t hide anything. I like real people and I know she will go places.

The future

Chris: I am a fashion designer and Ola is an interior decorator. We still have what we are doing. We are also into entertainment business. You will be seeing our faces on the pages of newspapers and on the television soon. We will be here for a long moment.

Ola: We might get into comedy. Basketmouth should be careful before we chase him out of the market. Every way is a way. We will do something. I was in entertainment before. I can still go back to it. We have been given the platform. I have to do the best with it.
Culled from The Punch.

xoxo
Simply Cheska...

No comments:

Post a Comment